Friday, November 15, 2013

Quick Start: No Bake Protein Bars

I have been finding ways to have smart snacks that I make at home with me when I go to work. One, it's cheap! Two, I control the calories because I make it and three, it's a simple way to stay full in between class and work stuff. While watching some ratchet reality t.v. show during the evening, I whipped this batch up in a matter of minutes. So if you have some rolled oats on hand, protein shake powder, a litte oat flour, and chocolate, then this will take no time.


No Bake Protein Bars

  • 1/4 cup of almond butter 
  • 1/4 cup of oats flour 
  • 1/4 cup or rolled oats 
  • 1 tablespoon of honey 
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate whey protein shake 
  • A handful of raw sunflower seeds 
  • One teaspoon of vanilla extract 
  • One small chocolate piece (high quality, not milk chocolate)
  • Parchment Paper

Process 

1. Microwave almond butter and honey in small bowl for 55 seconds.
2. Take mixture and mix with rolled oats, oats flour, raw sunflower seeds.
3. Add vanilla extract
4. Spread mixture on parchment paper or lightly oil baking container.
5. Microwave one small chocolate piece (I used raw cocoa 90%) for 1 minute then drizzle over mixture. 
6. Let sit over night and cut 'bars' in the morning.


(c) 2013 by Pam Osbey

No comments: