Monday, November 18, 2013

Quick Start: Buttery Garlic Drop Biscuits

I must admit, I love biscuits but I haven't made them in a long long time. Also, the ones in the stores are really thick and I have been thinking about making some but more on the fluffy side. I was surprised how nice and fluffy these garlic biscuits were. They made a nice complement to the Baked Chicken I made and the veggies I boiled quickly with them. What I am happy about is that I didn't use real butter but OLIVIO, which is a nice blend between Olive Oil and Canola Oil and this also has a lot of Omega 3s in it. The recipe took about 25 minutes to make and depending on how much flour you use, you can make up to 12 biscuits.






Buttery Garlic Drop Biscuits

1 cup of Flour
1/2-1/3 cup of Heavy Cream (milk can also be used)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of sea salt or kosher salt
1 - 2 tablespoons of Olivio Butter

Step 1:

Mix flour, garlic powder, baking powder and sea salt. Add heavy cream until the flour mixes into a light dough and flour does not stick to the bowl.

Step 2:

Melt 1 teaspoon of Olivio, set aside. Mix the rest with the flour (dough).

Step 3:

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Halfway through baking time, brush reserved 'butter' over rising biscuits. If you want more garlic on top of biscuits, cut 1 clove of garlic and add with liquid butter to brush on finished biscuits.

Step 4 

Enjoy

No comments: